Thursday 10 May 2012

Well...maybe it's because I'm a Londoner

A link to the song: Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner


MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE I'M A LONDONER (Hubert Gregg) Bud Flanagan - 1947 --- Davy Jones - 1965 Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner That I love London so Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner That I think of her wherever I go I get a funny feeling inside of me When walking up and down Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner That I love London Town

I went there first time in 2004, my aunt who was living there, had invited me to stay for a touristy week and it was during the 7-days out-and-about and the 7-nights-in-her-Forest-Hill-flat when it "clicked".
Back I went, a year later, wonderful summer 2005 (about two weeks after the 7/7 attacks), everyone was trying to stop me from going, but off I went to a 4-week Intensive English course, in a language school in Shepherd's Bush. During that time, I lived in lovely Putney Heath (and did not even know how lucky I was), a lovely host with which I had the first misunderstanding on the second day... Adding to the language difficulties I had (spoke about intermediate English at that time) I booked self-service believing I had chosen the possibility to SERVE MySELF, to just take what I need (Selbstbedienung... well, careful with direct translations...). HAHAHA. Now I can laugh about this mistake but it was a really unfortunate misunderstanding which caused a bit of a rather reserved atmosphere between me and the lovely  English lady, although it warmed up a bit later on.

Here a copy of the original - just for the fun of it - and pictures for the Sehnsucht ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment