Wednesday 29 August 2012

My Top 5 favourite places in London


Those are my current Top 5 favourite places in London

1. Hampstead Heath 

My favourite London Park (Tube: Hampstead) and the area where I wish to have a small garden flat in the future. It is the place where I´ve dreamed alone, had picknicks with friends and where I can renew myself after a tiring day – whether working or when coming back from the busy centre

2. The British Library 

(Tube: Kings Cross) 
Researching, browsing or just enjoying free time over free classics of British literature and the whole atmosphere of reading people surrounding you, also offer free internet, lovely to meet other fellow literature/book fans. I also love tiny side street book shops, often just stumble over them during a shopping or sight seeing trip. Oh and the (under) Waterloo Bridge Second Hand book market is fantastic as well!

3. Whereever my beloved Zouk-Lambada, Samba and Kizomba classes take place

For example: Zouk and Samba on Monday and Saturday at Danceworks, 16 Balderton St W1 (Tube: Bond Street) and dance nights currently Mondays at the Grace Bar, 42-44 Great Windmill Street, Piccadilly, London, W1D 7NB. KIZOMBA on Thursday at Zoo Bar (13-17 Bear Street, Leicester Square, WC2H 7AQ (Tube: Covent Garden) and individual Angolan events)

4. Camden Starbucks Castle Café (and Camden market for shopping and free days) during summer time & Bond Street Starbucks Café on a snowy day

Slurping Hazelnut Latte with the dance girl after our Zouk-Lambada or Samba Class at Danceworks (I love most London cafes, this one is just one of my favourites because it is so close to our dance school). (Thought I´d mention cafes, I love many London restaurants, whether Sushi, Korma, Turkish Lamb Doner or English Scones, it was just too difficult to pick one restaurant in particular. Will do that one another time!)

5. London Double Decker Busses 

I just love sitting in the upper deck at the very front and listen to my favourite music while enjoying the various sights and lovely boroughs of my dear London town. By the way, I really like the tube as well, but the busses are just a bit more relaxed and easier to breath in (maybe because they are over ground), it is easier to read a book as it is not as shaky as the tube and most of the time, you get more personal space ;)

2 comments:

  1. To point 5: You're right, the tube is really extremely small compared to tubes in other metropolitan cities (which is because London was the first city to have a tube system in Europe I believe). Plus you've got no cell phone coverage down there. PS: I loved sitting on the double decker bus, too, especially in the front row!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot the cell phone coverage, true, another advantage! What´s your favourite London spot? xxx

    ReplyDelete