Saturday 7 December 2013

London's best kept budget-books secret: Southbank Centre book market

Southbank Centre book market under Waterloo Bridge
I have always been a book worm, starting from a tender age of four when I wasn t even able to really read - didn t matter, I would still take out my favourite books and pretty accurately tell each story word by word to my younger siblings - by heart.

This passion has not really changed, although nowadays I have less time than I wish for curling up with a thick novel....

One of my favourite London budget-books markets is under Waterloo Bridge, right in front of BFI Southbank: Southbank Centre book market.

Passing London Eye
on my way to the market
You can get almost all genres, novels, poetry, cooking, children's books - the list of 2nd hand and antique books is infinite. Prices vary, you can get smaller books for 1-3 pound, heavier or newer books and depending on the genre the price can be higher.

Beautiful view on London Eye
As far as I know, the market is the only outdoor second hand and antique book market in London.

Address and opening hours:
It is open daily 12noon-7pm, rain or shine ;).

Address:
Riverside Walk, outside BFI Southbank UNDER WATERLOO BRIDGE, SE1

Southbank with view on Waterloo Bridge
View on the former Big Ben:
now Elizabeth Tower!

No comments:

Post a Comment